One of the initiatives of the National Transformation Program is coming up with a Low Cost Communication Network for the Internet of Things (IoT) applications. IoT applications span several areas of the Saudi Vision, Health, Energy Consumption, Security Monitoring, etc. These applications can be also used in the concept of smart housing, smart campus, and smart workplace. Establishing a professional research environment in the Robotics and Internet of Things (IoT) will contribute to 2030 initiative. It will pursue and attract external research funds and grants from industry and external research programs by providing consultation service as well as developing IoT solutions and providing training services for Saudi Market.
To be an internationally recognized centre in robotics and internet of things
- To promote applied research on Robotics and Internet of Things in Prince Sultan University through international collaboration with industrial and academic partners
- To develop robotics and IoT solutions for real applications to sustain the economic and social development in Saudi Arabia inline with 2030 vision.
- Establish a professional research environment in PSU in the robotics and IoT research.
- Attract external funds and grants to PSU.
- Provide a consultation service to the industry both locally and internationally.
- Develop robotics and IoT solution’s for the Saudi Market in collaboration with international companies.
- Providing training services to communities in the field of robotics and IoT.
- Contribute to the involvement of undergraduate and graduate students in professional research and promote their intellectual and learning skills.
- Establish international collaboration with reputed research groups and institutions in robotics and IoT.
- Contribute to the enrichment of computer science and engineering programs in the field of robotics and IoT